Now that I am done with the what, I need to figure out the where and a few other things.

The mains will be about 9' apart and will be about 8' from the listening position. I will be using M2s above and below the display for centers. The only real where questions I have are the surrounds and the sub. I figure I'll crawl to figure out the sub, though I will be limited in choices.

But where to put the surrounds? I suspect the best choice will be cieling mounted, but where should they be in relation to the listening position? I am thinking two feet in front of the listening position, but how far to the side can I go? They will be less intrusive If I can put them up high on the side walls, but I don't know if that is too far out.

Here's an almost to-scale drawing:

The only other thing I am pondering is echos. This is a concrete construction apartment and there is a fair amount of reflective surface in teh living room. I did the clap test in my bedroom and got three distinct echos plus a lingering ring. Ouch! There are no obvious echos like that in the livingroom thank goodness, but you can still hear some general reflected noise after the clap.

Curtains in front of the balcony window (not up yet) will help, and I am thinking an area rug may help cieling/floor reflections.

Now?

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!