Originally Posted By: Rick32
After posting on this tread, I play with my sub position and I think I found a spot where it is better... But I found something strange…

For a test purpose, I re-plug my old Polk speakers and surprise... The sound of my subwoofer remains the same (a bit of distortion or boomy)... I was shock!!!

So I came to the conclusion that the sound on my subwoofer has always be the same (a bit of distortion or boomy)!

I think my new M80 sounds are so clear and great that lead me to notice my poor subwoofer sound for the first time... It is possible because before my M80 purchase I never took the time to listen to the sound of my system with attention like that…

I continue my test...

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Your revelations sound normal to me, I never considered my old Bose 201s to be boomy either, till I started to actually listen to them and had listened to some better speakers. My old sub couldn't be considered boomy since it couldn't push enough air. I still think it sounds ok for what it is, a 13 yr old 10" 150W sub.

Keep us updated on more of your findings, it's always fun to read about fresh Axiom owners and their audio discoveries.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70