I posted this on AVS...but since you guys know EVERYTHING. I figured I should post it here as well...

My HT is nearly complete. Over the past 6+ months I've upgraded all my components, speakers, amps, etc. The last two remaining upgrades are a TV and DVD player.

Here's what I have now:

Rotel RSP-1066
Rotel RB-1070 (130x2 amp)
Rotel RMB-1075 (120x5 amp)
Pioneer 656A - DVD/DVD-A player
Axiom M60ti - mains
Axiom VP150 - center
Axiom QS8 - surrounds
Axiom M2i - rears
Hsu VTF-2 - subwoofer
JVC 32" TV

The obvious weak link in my setup is the Pioneer 656A - and the TV, but that's another story.

What I'd like to do is get the best possible (<$1000) DVD player that will provide me with the best DVD picture quality, but also superb CD audio playback. DVD-A and SACD would be nice, but not at the cost of PQ or regular CD playback. Am I asking too much from one unit? If not, what do you suggest?

If so, what are some of the best DVD players for PQ and CD players for AQ. How much more is it going to cost to go the separate route?

As you can tell from my gear, I'm very big on "Bang-For-Your-Buck" performance. Both Rotel and Axiom make amazing products for reasonable prices. I'm a cheap SOB...I want the best, but at FAIR prices!

Here's what I've been considering...am I off track?

Rotel RDV-1060 (DVD/DVD-A) (it would certainly be nice to keep everything Rotel)
Denon DVD-2900 (Univeral)
Yamaha DVC-6480 (DVD/DVD-A) <---- I had never heard of this player, but from what I've read it's a hell of a unit for a terrific price.

One last thought...should I just keep the 656 and wait for HD-DVD, or is that still too far off?

Thanks for the help.