As I suspected, Peter and I have similar tastes in music. I'm gonna go ahead and call that a good thing! Today, I had the pleasure of listening to the CD he put together.

I really liked the Rilo Kiley selections. They were right up my musical alley. I also really enjoyed the Avett Brothers and Van Morrison. It's funny, I've always liked and been familiar with Van Morrison, but have never owned an album of his. I sense that will change. What a great relaxed voice he has.

The Lucia Micarelli selection was surprising. Duh, I should have paid more attention to the title! What a great rendition.

Soul Coughing was a nice change of pace. I think they really nailed the feel of Los Angeles on that song. Well, at least for me it felt like it. Nice touch with the Tom Petty "California" pairing.

Quite a few of the artists I'm familiar with. Like I said, we have similar tastes. Some were familiar artists, but new songs for me--Belle and Sebastian, Joanna Newsom, and The Who. I liked the bass line in "Dress Up In You."

Peter, I'm glad you put Weezer's "The Good Life" on your CD. I struggled with that album for a long time because it was such a departure from their debut. Probably the least accessible work of theirs, but one of the more rewarding.

I picked up Heartless Bastards from your recommendation a long time ago. Good stuff.

I must mention Modest Mouse and Beck. I listen to these two albums a lot. Another thumbs up!

I've got to add, I've never been much of a Stevie Wonder fan. It's weird--I don't find his songs unpleasant, I just don't think I've connected with them. "Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing" is a song most of us are familiar with. I was struck by how good it sounded. Very nice recording. I'm going to try giving Stevie another shot.

Peter, you put together a great CD! I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by St_PatGuy; 06/12/08 05:00 AM. Reason: repeats and spelling

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose