Thanks Wid, I know that you live in Illinois too and I was hoping that maybe you'd chime in. ;\)

I have talked to my insurance agent and his advice was to not allow the car on the road at all, since it's not covered and that would be illegal. That does make a test drive impossible, so the buyer is just going to have to be content with driving it up and down my driveway. I know that probably will hurt the value a bit, but frankly it's not worth my time & effort to get it re-plated and insured.

The car has been in the paper for one day and I've had 5 calls already. Lots of demand for dirt cheap little fuel efficient cars these days! Two of the callers declined to come see it once I explained about not being able to take a test drive. I don't blame them one bit. But another still wanted to see it and after a few minutes made me an offer that I accepted, so I'm pretty happy about that. He's bringing cash tomorrow and the deed should be done.

The bill-of-sale document that I downloaded has a great big 'AS-IS', 'no warranty expressed or implied' clause in it, and I intend for both of us to sign it when he purchases it. Verbally, I was quite clear that the car is as-is.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office