avadict,

My first quote (also from Peak Audio) was $1450 for the 2802. Who the hell keeps saying the maritimes are cheap? I'm actually working in Saint John NB for a couple of months (though I'd MUCH rather be in Bermuda), and there's a place in Moncton called Sounds Fantastic that quoted $1299 over the phone...which means the actual sale price should solidly beat that.

Video switching isn't an issue for me right now, since I only have S-video on my TV. My next set won't be for a couple of years, and all HDTV montiors have multiple sets of component inputs anyway. I was debating between a Denon and Arcam receiver, but in the end the musicality of the Arcam lost out the features offered on the 2802 or 3802 (6.1, DPL2, video switching, etc.) I am after all looking for a HT receiver first and foremost.

No matter what I get, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting my new receiver in T.O. when I travel there in May. I don't doubt Bay Bloor is the #1 Denon retailer in the GTA, but I was wondering if you'd gotten a better price at a different dealer. With that kind of deal, though, it looks like I'll be shopping at Bay Bloor.

Sounds like you got a fantastic deal on the 3802, and many thanks for the reply!

Last edited by fhw; 03/31/02 08:08 PM.