I am considering purchasing an ipod. I have never had an mp3 player and I noticed that I could get an 80gig ipod classic for around $250 and a 160gig for around $350. The purpose of this is so that I don't have to carry around my 120 cd's in my car. I can just put the mp3 player on random and I have my own personal radio station ( I know I am probably the last person to get into doing this). Also, I can bring the ipod in my house and listen to them on my Axiom's as well. I have been waiting until I could get enough gig's so that I could store my entire music collection in a lossless codec and it seems that now is about the time.

Questions:

1. I have about half of my cd's ripped on my hard drive in WMA lossless. I need to convert these to what intunes uses to play them on the ipod ( I think it is ACC). Am I going to have any sound degredation converting WMA lossless to another lossless format? I really don't want to have to re-rip all those cd's. What would be the best way to convert them if there is no degradation? Just use itunes?

2. Can anyone recommend a good ipod dock that hooks up to a receiver? I have two Onkyo receivers so I was planning on getting a couple of Onkyo docks. But, they are a bit pricey at around $80.

- Nick