I'd actually agree with that, unless you have an 72 GB playlist, then you get dizzy watching your thumb spin. However, to be fair, I think newer models have improved this feature by having the scroll speed continually increase the longer you wheel up or down.

For me it's about comparing the $ cost per Gig of memory along with the additional value add features that I might actually use. I payed $130 dollars less (no sale) for my 80Gb player verses an 80GB iPod. It also has an FM tuner which is somewhat weak but I like to use occasionally at the office and I am surprised to say i find the voice memo feature very handy at a times. The interface is only very slightly less intuitive than an ipod's and certainly I'd rate it as very easy to use. Is the wheel worth 130 plus dollars over my 'wheel free' unit with more features? For some maybe, but not for me personally.

Notice I didn't mention the name of my player although you could easily pick it out. I left out the name because I don't mean this to be a 'my product is better than yours' type response.

In fact, I'd argue Apple has an amazing product with the iPod and they are still not at a sales juncture where they even need to consider pricing it cheaper. Why would they? However, I'm a spreadsheet nerd and when I compared all my possible player choices side by side, the iPod models I considered fell short when I factored in price.

I hope that came off as an objective comparison rather than a rebuttal. That's tough to do when sarcastic humor is more my forte.

I'm really still waiting for a large capacity player with a good internet browser. The not yet released Cuwon looks promising. The Apple Touch is a great example of this new feature set combo but it is currently limited to only 32GB and there is a HUGE premium in price for it's nice thin size and (I would argue) novelty.

Again, it all comes back down to 'Just buy whatever makes you he most happy, regardless of how you get there'.

OK, maybe I'm just spewing out rants because I'm currently in a late night phone tag war with a competitor telco. with whom we share a client (long story.) They will just not listen to reason and I refuse to let the customer suffer because of it. Oh, and did I mention, I'm supposed to be on vacation. heh heh. Good thing I have that sense of humor.... Now where is that handgun post again???? ;\)

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.