Gosh, you guys are great. This whole thread really means a lot to me. Thank you very much.

I'll give away my age to share a short personal story. The day I was born was also the day of Dr. King's famous speech in Washington DC. That coincidence led me to learn more about Dr. King and his work at a relatively young age. I attribute his eloquence, ideals and perseverance for helping me embrace social justice to a greater and more effective degree than I otherwise might have considering my safe, homogeneous, suburban upbringing. My commitment to diversity - while continuing to be filled with painful learning - has led me to a much happier life.

So, here's to a happy coincidence and America's ongoing dreams.

I took the day off \:\) Emily had to be at school at 7:30 to perform her duties as a Tyee Team Leader (9th graders helping the 7th graders not get stuffed into lockers on registration day or some such). So, no sleeping in for me, but I was really grateful to have the opportunity to take her to school. Life's simple pleasures.

Julie made me Joe's Special for breakfast (ground beef, spinach, onions, eggs, parmesan). Yummm.

There will be apple pie later.

Several beers will be harmed throughout the day.

You - my friends - are dear to me, and I thank you sincerely for taking the time to think of me today.

Cheers!

bibere usque ad hilaritatem