Originally Posted By: pmbuko
 Quote:
It always helps to be "conveniently" cleaning your gun collection every time one comes calling.
In high school, my homecoming dance date's father was cleaning his Civil War gun collection when I came to get her. I tried to compliment him on his collection but he just started at me while he oiled the stock of a muzzle-loader.

My now-father-in-law pulled a similar stunt the first time I picked up his daughter from his house for a date. The difference was that I won the intimidation battle. He greeted me at the door carrying an old Ithica 12 ga. Not only did I not flintch, I was able to show him features of his shotgun he wasn't aware of - he didn't use the thing - so his little ploy didn't phase me. What he didn't understand was that I had a small arsenal, did all my own reloading and had shot trap and skeet competitively for years.

I picked up a little saying a few years back and now that I am the father of a daughter, I will probable get a chance to use it: "I have a shotgun and a shovel and I know how to use both... She'll be back by 10PM, right?"

Scott

Scott

My HT