And the adventure continues.

Unfortunately, moving the sub around did not yield a nice curve like Jason's, no mater wher I put it.

This is about as good as it gets. Sub at the side of the room facing forward:

That rather nasty peak at 52Hz (+15db) is killing my bass. The question is, what do I do about it?

Equalization via BFD is an option, but that only fixes the main seating position and it could well make other positions worse.

I went out and did a bunch of reading on various traps, positioning and effectiveness. I also went back to re-visit room modes and mode calculators.

So, plugging my room dimensions into a calculator I see that I have room modes at 28, 56, 84, 112Hz relating to room length. Those match up quite well with what I see in my graphs.

I also have a vertical room mode at 70Hz that sort of matches with the nasty null I see in the 70-75Hz range depending on where I measure and sub position.

It seems that the fiber traps that most folks use are not all that effective down low unless they are very thick and well out from corners or walls.

That leaves resonating absorbers, which work on sound wave pressure rather than velocity. They work well in corners and against walls. Sigh. I can't believe I am contemplating playing with plywood to make my HT sound better.

Concrete sucks!! \:\(

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!