This comes down to the usual "what kind of stuff are you going to listen to the most, how big is your room, how big is your listening area ?" questions.

Big listening areas tend to like bigger speakers (yes I realize that is a terrible oversimplification but within a single brand it works pretty well). If you need/want 60s or 80s don't get the 22s and plan to trade up; you're better off even buying just mains than buying the wrong speakers.

If I were watching a lot of action movies I think I would miss the sub even with M60s. Not sure about M80s but I think even there the sub would make a big difference. If you have 60s or 80s you can live without a center for a while though... only concern with 22s and no center and "loud" is that you may end up pushing the 22s too hard... the center puts out a lot of the energy on many films.

I would probably start with 60s or 80s plus the sub I wanted (no center or surrounds), then add from there, but that's just me.

If I were restricted to your choices, I would go with #3 like everyone else. Why wouldn't I choose M80s if I had the choice (and the room) ?

Last edited by bridgman; 09/22/08 02:44 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8