That's an interesting point, I asked the Emo rep about the MPS-2 for HT, but he did not recommend it, he thought an XPA5 and XPA2 combo would be best, for the very reason I suspected: more power is available as needed for the channels that need it with the XPA-5 but not the MPS-2, because the MPS-2 is the same as 7 monoblocks, so you have 7 separate power transformers that are not as big as the one in the XPA-5 for example. What happens is that if all of the channels are not being driven at the same time, which they are most often not in HT, even more power is available to the one or two that need it than would be available with the MPS-2, which caps out at 300 watts per channel into 4 ohms. By comparison you could have a maximum of 500 watts into 4 ohms (1 channel driven) with the XPA-5 or 700 watts into 4 ohms with the Axiom 1400 amp.

I believe that's one of the reasons (other than the fabulous design) that everyone loves the Axiom 1400 amp, it has a huge power transformer and makes a lot of power available when needed to the channels that need it, not so you blow your ears out, but so the clarity/purity of sound can never be touched by even a hint of distortion.

The rep stated that although with the MPS-2 the channels are isolated better which is the advantage of a Class H design, there is minimal crosstalk given the design of the XPA-5, so it's almost a nonissue.

Kind of makes you wonder what application the MPS-2 would excel at.

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."