Dan,

If you're around, just wondering what mixes on the Juber DVD-A (or other AIX discs) you've tried and prefer. For those of you who don't own an AIX disc, they all offer 4 audio options: Hi-res (96khz) 5.1, Hi-res 2.0, DTS 5.1 and DD 5.1.

I had listened to all of the 5.1 mixes before (they all sound great--the Hi-res has the best fidelity, but then I have the problem of no bass management for DVD-A), but this morning I used the 96khz Hi-res 2.0, and it sounds simply amazing.

I'm no expert, but I had thought that Hi-res tracks could only be played through the analog cables, not digital. I obviously have the analog cables connected for DVD-A, but I was using the digital connection to my receiver for the Hi-res 2.0 track, and my H/K AVR520 showed 96khz on its display to show that it was getting the Hi-res track. Plus, by using the digital connection, my receiver was able to perform bass management. So, I may have found the best balance for me. Hi-res sound, with bass management as well. Of course, it's not 5.1 this way so I would sacrifice surround sound.