I ordered my outlet QS8's on March 5th, 2008. Axiom claimed a 3 week wait time. On March 20th, I got the email from Axiom saying that they had shipped. That's 2 weeks and 1 day. They actually shipped before that, because the Fedex tracking shows that they received the speakers from Customs late on March 19th. Which obviously means they left Axiom at least a day or two before then. The QS8's were delivered to my front door on March 22, which I thought was pretty incredible.

Axiom stuff enters the US and becomes Fedex's responsibility in Buffalo, NY. That is why Axiom's gear appears to 'ship' from Buffalo. I live in central Illinois, which is apparently close enough to Buffalo that it's effectively 2 day shipping. Living in Ohio, you're even closer.

So just as others have said, Axiom usually ships sooner than promised but don't count on it.

Something else to keep in mind is Customs, which is beyond Axiom's or FedEx's control. Since the speakers are crossing the border, they've got to go through US Customs. When I ordered my M80's a couple of years ago, DHL was handling the shipping and their tracking included Customs time. According to them, my M80's were stuck there for a couple of days. Over the years I've been here, I've read of one or two cases where speakers were held up even longer due to whatever sort of checking & inspections that Customs is doing. Extremely rare, I'd imagine, but not out of the question. And there's not much you could do about that.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office