My Budget will run along the lines of spending half my money on a speaker system. Remembering 1 US dollar only equals around .65 Australian dollar at the moment.( nearly twice as much )

This is the range I will be looking at

Flat Panel screen $3,000 Aus dollars
Receiver $1,300
Blueray/PVR/HD Tuner $ 1,300

That leaves me looking somewhere in the range of $5,000 Aus dollars for speakers etc, so something like $2,700 US dollars.

Im hoping our dollar will go up a bit..It was worth .95 Aus dollars only a month a go before the financial crash!!!

I can describe my room briefly which is 15ft wide with the underside of a staircase sliding down the left front hand side. I have recently cut the storage area out from this area opening the room up dramatically.I have restructured the supports for the stairs. The room is 21ft long with a sliding door on the left hand side near the rear. The only problem I see is if I push my couch which I want near the back wall forward at all it will be blocking the sliding door on the left hand side. But to mount side speakers into the room , they will also be infront of the door on the left hand side. This is the one point of the room I will struggle with.

At what height should the speakers be mounted , or should they be on stands to be at head height when sitting.

Last edited by Rizzo; 10/16/08 07:52 PM. Reason: I cant spell