Originally Posted By: Hansang
man, I hope they have a URC remote for that setup!!

You know, I WISH he had a good URC. He has this old Crestron touch screen remote control, which at the time it was originally purchased was a really cool unit. (8" screen, rechargeable battery, but weighs about 2 lbs).

Also, it is (of course) only programmable by the installer, so anytime my dad wants to change anything, it costs him a few hundred dollars. I told him he should have them reprogram everything into a Harmony and be done with it, but since they didn't support Harmony directly (too simple I imagine), they were resistant to do it.

I decided not to press the issue because the system does work very simply, which is a bonus. The setup is extremely complicated and my dad just wants to be able to sit down and use it, and as of now, the system fits that bill. What is really annoying to me is that even after the installers pitched a fit about adding the Denon to this mix, they barely added any of the Denon functionality into the Crestron controller.

The Crestron is set up to trigger the Denon video switching to the PS3 video input, since it's the only video they ran through the Denon, but the rest go straight to the Runco (despite my request not to do this). Other than that, the Denon functionality available in the Crestron is very limited. I suppose their goal might have been simplicity of operation, in which case I can understand their logic. It also might have been their annoyance at being forced to install a receiver that they feel is far below their standards.

Anyway, with that out of the way, pictures and some listening tests will hopefully come later today.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry