"That is just a viewpoint on how consumers can easily be convinced of the 'break in' story to assist in getting them past their return policy time period or just get used to them enough they won't bother returning them."

I'd totally agree with that. Back in the day, I used to work on dedicated word processing systems. We always got complaints when a keyboard died. We'd tell the customer that there was a "break in" period on the new keyboard and to call us back in a couple of weeks if they still had a problem. We never got that call.

I also agree with the continious break in theory. i.e. if it's different after 100 hours what's it like after 200 or 1000?

I just found it interesting and something to look into further that after 1/2 hour of destruction testing the speaker had an audible difference in tone. If this had happened just before it died then so what. But it was well before that point and possibly something that could be encountered in real world usage. Why? Enquiring minds want to know.

I will also point out the the M3 woofer got a rave design review from this guy and operated well beyond the point that Axiom specs it for.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I may be new here but have been a happy Axiom owner for quite a few years.

HT - M22ti, VP150, QS8 surround sides, M2ti surround backs.
LR - M3v2s