And from SONY none-the-less.... I MUST be crazy!

For those of you that don't know, I was a BIG fan of HD-DVD. I still think that it had superior features over Blu-Ray but couldn't hold up against the Sony marketing (and I'll admit, Blu-Ray sounds cooler)... Anyway, that isn't the topic here.

I still have my HD-DVD player and my collection is growing there, but now I'll be able to spend the big bucks on Blu-Ray movies too.

Oh, and no... I did NOT get a PS3.

I almost grabbed the PS3, but I really can't upgrade my Pioneer Elite receiver right now, so I needed analog inputs. After quite a bit of research lately, I grabbed a Sony BDP-S550, which is Sony's newest (released) Blu-Ray player. It decodes every kind of audio, and can spit the audio out 7.1 analog jacks to my Pioneer Elite receiver for my first exposure to HD audio. I can't wait! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait. My wife says that it is my Christmas present... Maybe a trial run, of course I'll need a movie to try, which I have none.... Santa is going to bring me a couple from what I hear.

So I am excited, and yet at the same time I am wondering why I bought it now instead of waiting a little longer. Oh, I also signed up for the Sony Credit Card which gives me $150 credited back, so it makes this really good player well under $300 after tax and shipped to my door.

I'm excited...

Last edited by nickbuol; 10/28/08 02:57 AM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020