Originally Posted By: LucRaymond
Hi,
I may have asked the question in the past but wasn't able to find it. Does anyone went from the m22ti to the m80

I already have QS8 for the surrounds and a kick ass PSB 12" sub but was wondering if it would be worth to upgrade to m80 for the front.

But it's a 1500$ upgrade that I can't judge the value.

anyone did it?

I will probably upgrade my center to the vp150 my current axiom center is more than 8-9 years old.

thanks for reading

here is a link to my thoughts eons ago when I first purchased the m22 and then picked up the m60s.
It really comes down to your room size and personal preferences. For movies I would say the floorstanders will not provide much of a benefit over bookshelves and a good sub since most of the material is dialogue.
For music listening which provides a more constant complete range of sound frequencies I have found the floorstanding speakers to provide a full enveloping kind of sound that I just find missing with bookshelf speakers.

As for the sound quality, M22 and m80 and M60's sound very very similar with some obvious differences for their cabinet sizes and driver sizes.

Last edited by chesseroo; 11/08/08 02:39 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."