Originally Posted By: SRoode
My Algonquins came in yesterday. Since they are basically the M3's I decided to test them out with the EP500's in the theater. I disconnected the M80s and put the Algonquins in their place. My general contractor was here at the time to take a listen (he is thinking of upgrading his speakers).

They sounded really nice, and my general contractor like the sound (he said they sounded much better than his system). I could tell he wasn't floored though, and said the center channel (the VP150) sounded a bit too loud. I immediately replaced the Algonquins with the M80's, and replayed the same track. He was stunned at the sound (I have to say, the difference was amazing). He spent about 15 minutes listening to different tracks, and said that the center did not sound too loud anymore. He also said it was weird how he could hear every detail of the music (which he had not heard before) and how full the sound was.

I've never heard the M22s, but I'm sure every step up in the chain adds to a more "full" sound.

Haha, good example. If I didn't know any better, I would assume you're all out to make me broke \:\)

I am really looking forward to the EP350. So many people seem to recommend SVS or HSU, "better value", has me a little concerned. Though EP350 V3 seems highly praised. This will be my first experience with an Axiom sub. Here's hoping it stands up to the quality of the rest of the speakers.

Out of curiosity, is anyone using a single 350 for a large room?

Last edited by davemire; 11/14/08 08:12 PM.

d4ve