Actually no. Haven't even had a chance to taste it yet.

Went off deer hunting a couple of weeks ago, all came down with bad salmonella poisoning from an undercooked ham. Couldn't get consensus to go home so lay rotting in a tent for most of a week tossing & turning on canvas cots, punctuated by frequent sprints to the latrine (or as far as we could make it anyways). After 5 days we finally got consensus to head home.

Tossing & turning on abrasive canvas cots led to big raw sores on back & shoulders, which promptly got badly infected with infection spreading under the skin and creating new really painful rash (like a very bad sunburn; much worse than the original scrapes & resultant scabbing). Had to travel down to Austin last week so no time to really diagnose properly. Got back to doctor on Monday, now on high doses of antibiotics and things seem to be improving, at least fever is going down and starting to be able to think clearly. Yesterday I got the first real sleep in almost 3 weeks. Anyways, that's why you haven't seen much of me.

Falernum came up because I was supposed to go up north to a friends birthday party last weekend and was volunteered as the official tiki drink mixer. Wasn't hard to find most of the recipes and ingredients but this one (Falernum) totally stumped me. Apparently not available in Canada at all. I thought I would see if anyone else had heard of this stuff...

Last edited by bridgman; 11/19/08 04:10 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8