Is anybody talking about putting multichannel hi-rez audio on Blu-Ray discs down the road?

Although disc prices don't make it terribly attractive at the moment, B-R discs that hold multichannel uncompressed movie soundtracks should do well to hold multichannel music only.

In this current iPod mentality, there are many who wondered if there was a large enough market for SACD and DVD-A to survive. I don't doubt that was an issue, but I also wonder if the death of those formats was also largely due to the expense of the music (compared to Redbook CDs) AND the fact that the discs required special players. With Blu-Ray-Music Discs, people could use the same players and connections so they won't need to buy new equipment. And, theoretically, the audio discs should cost less than a 20-million dollar Hollywood movie put on the same disc.

I think it could work. Unless, of course if DRM issues prevent HDMI connections and they start telling people that they need players and receivers with eight RCA connectors and that they can't play the music discs the second Monday of each month and...and...and....

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::