In reply to:

You can use any termination (spades or bananas) if you wish.

Except for bananas. Trust me, I use them all the time when I DJ, and its definately not something you want to make a permanent connection out of. They are just too prone to falling out. If you do decide to get them, don't get single bananas, as if they fall out when u trip over the wire they could touch eachother really easily. Get a dual banana. I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the axiom surrounds or center dont support dual bananas, but I cant remember where. Anyways, spades, to me, just seem like they are the most sturdy of connections and give the most surface area for the signal transfer.

In reply to:

They only carry zereos and ones to your receiver which then processes that information into the analog signal sent to your speakers.

Yes, but if you use optical and your cable is too bent, it will warp the light that makes up the signal. That is why the data transfer grade cables don't bend (for the most part). Now those, although they sometimes carry more than one wavelength of light (so a bend makes more of a difference), a bend can still affect an audio single wavelength signal. Plus, they tend to be more prone to being damaged.

Oh, and there has to be a reason why some high end units like my Yamaha RX-Z1 (not sure about my Denon though) can only do 192 kHz in Digital Coaxial mode, and not in Optical (well they say in the manual "Use the coaxial input to input over 96 kHz digital signal. The signals may not be correctly played back if the Optical input jack is used," and I'm not sure if they mean that it won't work or it won't work well. As far as I can tell from that poorly worded quote, is that it will work, but incorrectly.) Also, when both are present they give priority to Coaxial.

In reply to:

You will also most likely need a subwoofer cable (single RCA plug) to go from your receiver to the sub. Lengths are variable but choose a length appropriate to where you want to place your subwoofer in the room. They are not expensive and i picked up one from eBay for about $20 for 30 feet.

Heh, the subwoofer cable; I forgot about that. So just buy 2 RCA male to RCA male cables at radio shack for pretty cheap; or if you want, buy one of those exotic ones that you can't tell the difference with when comparing to a standard cable.