I'm pretty used to people putting words in my mouth. I enjoy hearing about what I say. (joys of living in a small town)

I have tried the M80’s set to small at differing crossover points and set to large as I have them now. I prefer them set to large with LFE + Mains. My “preference” could be nothing more than perception or some other pseudo psychological rational. I am OK with knowing that though and am sticking with running them large. Until someone can come up with a sound and compelling reason to not run the M80’s at large, I will continue to do so. I have plenty of power (350 WPC / 4 ohm or so), so that’s not a consideration.

I do not think folks give the M80’s the credit they deserve in regards to low end bass. Most just default to the position that their sub does better because that’s what subs are designed to do. I’d encourage anyone running a set of 80’s to run them without the sub and throw in a known, hard hitting CD with some good kick drums. Crank it up and then just crawl around the perimeter of your room. I guarantee you will be impressed. Sooner or later you will find a spot in our room where the bass from these speakers floors you. (then you can call Randy and talk about bass traps)

PS: Rick - not real sure why you are screwing with anything. My set up still does not sound as good as you had your's a couple years back when I dropped by.