I have had my rec. hooked up now for about a week now. Paying attention to video resolution and noticing that only the 1080i signal from my cable box looks way better than any other signal.
So I go back through my manual and notice if using hdmi, whatever is input is also output. If I use component, then whatever is input would be upconverted to 1080i feels like a ripoff, I mean why have it if it is not going to perform with the hdmi. Just venting.
The TX-SR606’s HDMI inputs can receive pristine digital video from HDMI-enabled components for a single-cable output to a display device with an HDMI or DVI connection. 1080p video is processed as it is, but all other signals can be upscaled to 1080i via HDMI. Upscaling takes the video resolution to pure HD quality, and it better matches the native resolution of today’s high-definition displays.To further improve performance on high-definition displays, the TX-SR606 features a deinterlacing chip with Faroudja DCDi Edge technology, which effectively eliminates video

Last edited by audiodreamer; 12/09/08 11:16 PM. Reason: added content

Hope to gain a wealth of knowledge and maybe use it.