Originally Posted By: korkster
Funk,
I have a similar issue with my QS-8's as they are located in our Great Room that is open to our kitchen area on the one side of the room. I ended up placing the speakers on the Axiom stands, putting the one stand against the wall, just to the rear of the seating area,on the side of the room where there is a wall. I then move the QS-8 on the open side of the room into position exactly opposite the other one when we are watching a movie. I move it back out of the way when not in use. I installed a speaker outlet in the wall behind where it sits when not in use and I made sure I had enough extra speaker wire when hooking up that speaker that allows me to move it back and forth. I also installed two direct radiating speakers (NHT Superones's that I previously owned)in the back of the room giving me 7.1 surround. Is it the ideal situation, no, but it works giving me a uniform surround soundfield when watching movies, and it keeps the QS-8 out of the way when not in use. Just takes a little effort.

Just a thought for what it's worth.

How far from the corner was your speaker korkster...those stands may be a great. I will be needing some wall treatments - traps etc.....will work on that soon too.

For now, I will experiment a little more and see how it goes.