Originally Posted By: casey01
...if you want the deeper bass, you can't escape the laws of physics, you still need the bigger box.

Well you are certainly ahead of me in the comparison aspect of this conversation my friend, as I have yet to hear ANYTHING out of Axiom or Paradigm in real life. Any and all of the opinions I have about either company comes strictly from info I've come across on the web. Some of that has come from this site, some from audio critic reviews. And the Paradigm's seem to do very well in the critic reviews indeed.

On this site I had many people recommend that I go with two EP500's over a single EP800. And the EP500 is about the same size as the Paradigm Seizmic 12. Only difference is the Paradigm has three times as much power as the EP500 for only a couple of hundred dollars more. And no I do realize that power isn't everything, but Paradigm is a very respectable company that gets very good reviews, so I presume they know how to use that power fairly effectively.

Anyhow, that's just my own personal opinion on how I might consider spending my own money if and when I ever decided to drop almost ten large on bass in my HT. That's just a whole lot to spend just on bass IMO... Heck you could buy two Paradigm Servo 25's for 8 grand. They have 15 inch woofers, and 3000 watts a piece! And reviewers have claimed they reach down to 10 hz!!!

I can only guess here, but I'd bet they would bring a pretty good fight to the table vs any subwoofer combination, from any manufacturer in that price range!

Last edited by Micah; 12/22/08 06:50 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD