Originally Posted By: SatKartr
So today I had to live with the popping sound again on Dark Knight, very noticeable, especially for example at the beginning when the batmobile crashed through the parking garage, but always at time of LFE, measured dynamic range today of 70-110 dbls.

I have gotten spoiled with the M80s because they have such great bass that I almost don't miss not having a sub (OK of course I'm dying yet still happily awaiting the ep800 still convinced it will excel versus the ep600) except for the annoyance of a pristine dynamic HT moment devolving into snap, crackle, and pop that is clearly not realistic, not even cheesy.

BTW, what do people think/say about this: the sound of wind, people clapping, or cheering (upper HF?) does not sound realistic to me at all with the Epic 80 system (disclaimer: no sub, only tweaking = speaker level set by ear, 1 db trim off 6.5 Khz); I tend to wince/grimace, everything else sounds perfectly accurate . . .

I haven't followed this thread from the start, but is this for Blu-ray? Are you sure you're not seeing/hearing the DTS-MA bomb?

--
Denon 4520, EPIC80/500/VP180 Speakers