You have to look at this from the other side. Denon has been using cryptic code to keep the unwashed out of its legend of fans for years. Why mess with the successful formula. Use the same solid amp section, stick to strong fundamentals over new bells and whistles, and "mak'em figure that sh@t out!".
I have been studying the 2000 version for my AVR 3300 for years. What I have learned is that to migrant farmers from Cambodia wrote the manual. The main body was written by a farmer on the AVS forum who never actually owned a stereo. The notes/tips however, were written by a 15 year old who actually saw the AVR in a store. The one sentence tips are generally the only useful part of my manual – and that only gets you moving in the right direction. Although, if you note (on my manual at least) they leave tons of empty space for you to write notes once you discover the meaning of a function. That is awful nice of them.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire