Glad to hear you are OK. It is certainly difficult to keep your wits about you in such a situation. You acted as best as you could and outsmarted him a bit with the wallet but that was an extended risk that you might think twice about next time.

I have never been robbed, in person, but once in an ER waiting room I haito'ed a guy in the throat who was running at/by me with a blunt object. He went down in a pile but as it turned out, he was only running to make an escape out the door because he was intimidated by being encircled by hospital staff. (a large but non-contacting circle of all available male, sometimes female, staff is common practice when someone is considered a possible threat in a hospital, well this one anyways.)

I thought he was taking a run at the nurse behind me and reacted instinctively. In hind sight, my reaction was very excessive and I'm VERY lucky he wasn't hurt more severely than being stunned for a minute or two.

I'd like to think I learned from that lesson as well but I'd just as soon not have to find out.

My only other robbery experience was getting the battery stolen out of my Jeep. The best part of this story is that the thieves actually took the time to screw the battery holding bracket back into place after they had removed the battery. Very thoughtful of them.

Count your blessings and stay safe!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.