. . .hello Arizona!

Yup, I'm moving. It's a work-related move. Unfortunately, the market in Southern California has slowed down so much, and in some cases, disappeared that my corporate office has decided to "restructure" my branch. Without going into too much detail, my entire staff is losing their jobs at the end of the month and I'm being retained within the company with the stipulation that I relocate to Phoenix.

It's been a difficult week at work because we've had to make the unfortunate announcement to the staff. Everyone's kind of in "shell shock" mode. We have a small staff of seven employees at our branch, and the small size makes it feel somewhat like a family. Work will always be work, but it's the people you work with that can make all the difference in the world. It's hard saying goodbye to not only coworkers, but friends, as well.

So, on one hand I'm excited about the move, but also very sad about leaving my friends and family behind. I've lived in California my entire life and it will be a period of adjustment getting used to another environment and locale.

My only hope is that the faltering economy doesn't follow me over to Phoenix. My branch in California has historically been one of the top performers in the past, but these last couple of years has been an unstoppable slide to the bottom of the barrel. It's a helpless feeling.

Anyway, onward and upward. I look forward to getting to know Arizona and my air conditioning in the summertime!

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose