Hello Axiomites.

I've got a 5.1 setup, with M60v2s, VP150v2, and a pair of QS8v2. Sub is an AV123 MFW-15.

I'm probably going to add another pair of QS8v2, and may eventually upgrade the fronts to M80s (I wish I had known my Denon could handle them when I ordered as I would've gone straight for them at the beginning).

What I'm concerned with here is room treatment.

I'm working on finishing up the room - a riser for my rear seats, crown molding to cover surround wires, and acoustic treatments.

I don't have much of a clue what I'm supposed to do for treatments though. I would LIKE to hang movie posters around the room, but I don't want to hang anything until I know where I need treatments, or if I even need treatments at all. It sounds really good to my semi-trained ear, although I know I'm hearing a lot of reflections.

I found a room mode / standing wave calculator online (excel file from Harmon Kardon) and it says my standing waves are as follows. I'm listing by height, then width, then height.
1st axial mode: 71 hz, 52 hz, 23hz
2nd: 141hz, 104hz, 45hz
3rd: 212hz, 155hz, 68hz
4th: 283hz, 207hz, 90hz

I have very little idea what I need to do with this data now that I know the modes though. :p

I've seen people on AVSforums hang the generic "acoustic panels," but from what I've been reading at other sites, they don't help much. Apparently the main range to quiet reflections is 500hz-100hz, and unless you have a 4-6" thick piece of foam, you aren't going to stop stuff in the lower frequencies. Does this mean that hanging GOM stretched over a frame with foam in it is pointless, even though half of AVS seems to do it?

I haven't had any major bass problems. The sub was a bit hot when I had it back in the corner, but I didn't mind the bass. Only problem was that it made the plastic front of my LED DLP rattle, so I've moved it up the wall a bit and out of the corner.

I know that people will want pictures and measurements, so here are some links.

Floor layout with measurments. Sub is on the "left" (top in the picture) long wall between the TV and the seats. L/R M60s are almost right next to the TV, VP150 is below the TV.

This is before I had the sub in, M60s are now closer to the TV.

Apparently my lens is dirty. You can see a QS8 poking out in the top right.

My wife next to the TV. She's 5'2". You can see the QS8s now. Not exactly sure where I should put the second set for 7.1 - hang them behind the 2nd row of chairs from the ceiling, maybe?

View from the sweet spot. L/R are much closer (maybe 2-4" away) to the TV now. Sub is sitting roughly where the plastic guitar is, speakers had to come closer to the TV so the sub wouldn't block them.

Standing in front of one of the M60s, shooting to the back. Pardon the dusty lens again. Looking for pointers on where to put a second pair of QS8s, on the side walls behind the 2nd row, or should I pick up FMBs and hang them from the ceiling? The back wall wouldn't work due to the door...

You can see I have a lot of bare wall, and I'd like to hang framed posters there, but not if acoustic treatment belongs there instead.

Your thoughts? \:\)