I've heard the RS850s (I think? Perhaps it was the 1000s) as well as the Bigfoot center and some Rocket surrounds, and I own M80s, VP100 and QS4s (yes, it's strange...). Overall, I prefer the sound of the Axioms, particularly when you involve the Bigfoot. It's heresy, but I was really not impressed with that unit. Now, the VP100 certainly isn't the top line center, but it also isn't audibly obtrusive like I found the Bigfoot to be (even after calibration). Hopefully I'm not insulting the very nice person who owns this setup...

The M80s are perhaps some of the best speakers I've heard. The RS series was very nice, but doesn't stand out in my mind like M80s or the Magnepans and Revels I've heard. Given that Paradigm Studio 100s don't stand out in my mind either may point out that my judgement may be somewhat suspect. ;\)

The Rocket finish is certainly lovely and better looking than the stock Axiom finish. However, if you can get ahold of Axiom's high gloss vinyl finish, that's probably pretty close in appearance to the Rockets. Of course, real wood is always better.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!