I promise that I will spend some time going through the suggested About.com site pages as recommended. But I have a very quick question in the meantime.

**Remember that my computers are NOT Networked to communicate with each other. I'll do that someday, but right now, this question involves spreading internet access only!

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router as the 54 series was highly recommended here. My cable modem is plugged into the input, and I'm using 2 connections for nearby computers to have internet access. Two laptops are gaining wireless internet from the router, and three other computers have no internet at all.

To update my Denon recently, I ran a 50' Ethernet cable across my office, across the hall and to the far side of the living room to my rack. It's not ideal, but I've left it in place at the moment to enjoy internet radio on the Denon.

As the updates for the Denon and B-D player went so well, I've started considering the advantages of getting my other HT components on the net…primarily the Xbox 360 and HD TiVo in addition to the receiver…though I guess the B-D player gains some benefit to online content as well. That should suffice for background…I hope.

So I've got that Ethernet cable going to the rack, but have 3~4 components that could benefit from a connection. Will a unit like THIS one take the incoming connection from the Linksys Router and simply distribute it? Or are there weird things like packets and codes and secret handshakes and decoder rings needed?

{{{extra long link provided since Ken doesn't like little links!!}}}

If this will work, maybe I'll plan a more permanent solution by running the cables through the attic instead of across the floor!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::