With all the hoopla that was going on in the early stages of DVD, it was interesting to see how all this was going to play out when comparing the two surround systems. I know the people at "Widescreen Review" and to this day have always touted the "superiority" of DTS over DD but this was the case only because they had a personal relationship with one of the original founders of DTS so their pronouncements were, no doubt, somewhat biased. In my own and others experimentations, it was shown, although when comparing DTS to DD in listening comparisons, the DTS soundtrack was generally 3 to 4db louder, but better, I am not so sure. A lot of this was determined by the fact that DTS has less compression. In my own totally unscientific study and despite DTS's breakthrough in the movie theaters, over the years since DVD was introduced, I did a rough calculation in that DTS was, at most, on roughly 20% of the soundtracks but ONLY in conjunction with the DD soundtrack. In the early stages, they had a few DTS only discs but they pretty much fell by the wayside. It seems Blu-Ray might be different. It seems now they are going completely one way or the other with the new lossless formats. Universal(The Hulk, Hellboy 2) has gone completely DTS Master Audio with only a DD 2.0 option while others have gone strictly Dolby Tru-HD with no DTS. I guess it depends on the movie studio but it should be interesting how it all evolves.