Originally Posted By: icehawk21
SRoode,

That is a very nice setup. In fact, your theatre setup matches up very closely to what I have been imagining for my future basement theatre (hopefully sooner rather than later). I've been spec'ing out some equipment and taking measurements of my basement to determine screen sizes and overall layout. I really like what you've done and it mates well with my initial designs. Do you mind sharing some of your measurements? For example:

- Room dimensions - particularly width across the front of the room accommodating the screen/speakers/entertainment unit, along with ceiling height.
- Screen size?
- Dimensions of the screen on the wall (i.e. top/bottom/sides in relation to height on the wall)?
- Dimensions of the black entertainment unit underneath the screen (which, btw, I really like - did you purchase or build?)
- Seating distance from front wall (to 1st row of seats if you have multiple rows)?
- Throw distance of projector?
- Any other measurements you believe would be relevant.

Thanks in advance! I'd really appreciate your help but it is not required immediately as I don't plan on doing the basement for some time. Either reply in this thread or by PM - your preference.

Thanks again and awesome setup!

Bryan

P.S. Originally thinking, I was going to put two subwoofers the size of the EP500 up front (I currently own the EP500 in my bonus room setup). However, seeing the two EP800s may change my mind \:\)

Bryan,

Nice to meet you. Some pix of my theater (with the old subs) are here:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=206049

Room dimensions: 16ft wide by 18ft deep.

Screen size: 126" diagonal 16x9 Carada screen

Dimensions of the screen on wall: 9'-9" wide and 5'8" high. This includes the 4" border all around.

Entertainment unit: It was custom built into the wall for the theater. I hired an Amish carpenter to build it to the exact width of the screen. I think it was only about $700-800.

Seating Distance: It's a perfect triangle to the main seating position. Speakers are 11 ft apart, main seat 11ft to each speaker, main seat about 12 ft to screen.

Throw distance of projector: About 13'

Other relevant measurements: Main seat is about 10 ft from each surround, and about 9 ft to each rear speaker.

For music, I would be happy with the EP500s. For LFE, the EP800s are in a different league.

-Steve

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7