Holy crap, I HATE it when I stumble across another subwoofer webpage, they always make me rethink my Axiom choice.

Take for instance the Epik Conquest. 1000 watts of power pushing a single 18 inch driver down to a claimed 12 hz, for a couple hundred less than the Axiom EP600. Does it sound as good as the Axiom? I have no clue, but the propaganda write up on their site sure makes me wonder. Then there's the Element Design A7 - 900 beast... 1300 watts pushing twin 18 inch down firing drivers in a monsterous 435 pound package, Jesus Christ!!! And at $2200 bucks it is in direct competition with the new EP800, only it packs more than 50% more power... gosh how does a guy stay loyal???

Since I've never heard ANY of these subs its really hard to blindly part ways with so much money on any of them. I truely wish there was some huge Audio Mega-plex that had every sub you could ever dream of side by side for direct comparison so that you could really choose the right sub and get the most bang for your buck.

If I'm being honest I'd say that the ONLY reason I'm still stuck on getting the EP800 is because I truely prefer to keep my entire HT package under one manufacturer. The Element Design tower speakers didn't look to be even close to being in the same league as the Axiom M80's. And Epik doesn't make anything BUT subwoofers.

I'm not doubting that I'll truely love the EP800 when it FINALLY becomes available and I get it into my living room. I guess curiosity just get's the best of me sometimes.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD