Yes I have played with the channels gain quite a bit but not with enough intensity to fix the problem, since then in fact I ran the auto-setup on the 663 and with the auto gain level/distance tweaks everything now sounds much improved, the left qs8 sounds basically fine, not sure if my inner fuss-budget will beckon again. I am truly in slo-mo with regard to calibration of the system due to professional busy-ness, and not in a good way, as far as I'm concerned. Before the yamaha auto setup the left qs8 definitely sounded too "high" (the only speaker you could tell that was way up there above your ears, but admittedly it was way above the dolby specs, maybe 10-11 feet in comparison to 9 feet on the right, yet that made all the difference, especially with being flush up against the wall whereas the right qs8 was out there in space, so the precise locale of the left qs8 was more apparent). Continue to have serious problems with my rig (long story that I haven't begun to understand) so I ordered a 3808 to see if I can eliminate the bugaboos, at least insofar as likely suspects are concerned, it should come next week or earlier the week thereafter, I suspect with Audyssey I may be in good shape and would have to get seriously bitten by the upgradeitis bug in order to feel the need to shift the qs8s physically, at which point so-be-it, it's always been my overall karma to pursue sonic perfection (e.g., hey I used to practice guitar 10 hours a day for years, whenever I had the time, ouch it hurts to be me, but the audio might be worth it, I think it is).

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."