Originally Posted By: jakewash
Pick a price and features then look at the usual suspects we talk about, Denon, yamaha, onkyo, H/K, Outlaw, nad, etc. and go with the one you feel is the best bet. They all work extremely well

I hear you, but it is not my makeup to pick a price I can stan to spend and then go look for what fits the price. I want to spend as little as possible on what is needed to obtain flawless performance. That balance - $ v. performance - forces the list of options, etc. Why buy a BMW simply b/c I can, if the Honda would meet all my desires. If a $800 amp will do all I can hope to acheive in my stystem, why spend $2500. Chichen...egg...chicken. I guess that is why I'll spend over $1000 just to make sure i'm safe. Then again, that's how I got the Transparent wire - there must be a better way.
Oh well, I gather there is no tell-all spec and will just trust Denon and spend more than is likely needed to be safe. At least I know I have beat this horse all I can. But the first person to say "why did you get the 4308, the 1708 is all you could ever need" will get a ton of really mean looking smiley faces.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire