Just curious what the rest of you are doing that have multiple subwoofers, especially a combination of DSP based and non-DSP based subs?

I've read many articles on this topic and talked to a few people also. I'm currently following Jakemans and Audioholics recommendations by averaging the distance of all three subs.

The problem lies in how to handle the EP600 or other DSP based subs. Jakeman recommended adding 3ft for any component that is DSP based to account for the internal delay of the amp.

The confusion comes when using the built in setup of the Denon, it places my 600 at 27ft away. It is dead nuts accurate on my 350v3's, at 13ft away (they are not DSP based). The 600's physical distance is about 15ft, so I've been adding 3ft to that based on what I've read about DSP delay, then averaging all 3.

So I've got (13ft + 13ft + 18ft) / 3 = 14.6ft average.

I remember in the past that everyone questioned why the auto setup in various receiver brands were setting the distance so far off for the DSP subs. If I recall correctly, Alan, JohnK, and others said it is ok, that is normal based on the internal delay that comes with DSP based technology.

So I guess should I be using the 27ft reading from the Denon, or go with the physical distance plus 3ft, which is what many people/websites say to do.

Also, should I be averaging all 3? Any thoughts? I don't know why in this day and age that receivers don't have seperate LFE out jacks for multiple subs. It just seems everyone is talking about using multiple subs these days.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85