Originally Posted By: sirquack
I don't know why in this day and age that receivers don't have seperate LFE out jacks for multiple subs. It just seems everyone is talking about using multiple subs these days.

It seems to always take OEM companies awhile to catch upto the more common updagrades/changes that take place, kind of like how long it took car companies to start offering a nicer option of wheels to the usual steel rim and hubcap they had produced for years.

I guess the biggest thing for the manufacturers is that the LFE track is still designed for 1 sub, maybe when that changes to include a Left, Right, Front and Back or something similar, then avr manufacturers will be forced to have more sub outputs.

Yamaha has been offering dual outputs for sometime now, but I believe they are not a seperate output under control of different setups. Maybe the next generation of avr's will have 4 sub outputs, all with a seperate control in the menu for those of you that have multpile subs, even if the LFE track stays as a mono signal.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70