It is an interesting design.

I used to like the tone of DefTech speakers (when there were actual Stereo stores you could go to listen to things) before I got my Axioms. What I ultimately did not like was the bipolar design. While it does have a room-filling effect, I think it does so to the detriment of imaging, phase coherence, etc. Kind of like a modern-day Bose design; let's bounce the sound all over the place.

I also don't like the form factor. Those full-length speaker-grill-cloth socks just don't do it for me. Besides being ugly, they would be an absolute loser in any environment where kids or pets produce hair or other gunk that might stick to cloth.

I'd be interested to know about the crossovers and response graphs. Frankly, I'm not sure I can believe 17Hz at the low end. Also, with only a single 8" "sub", how do you manage to effectively cover the midrange and midbass with one, 4.5" driver facing forwards and one facing the rear? Something just doesn't make sense to me. If you're really trying to get 17Hz from that 8" driver/radiator array, how can it also play high enough with low distortion to appropriately relieve a 4.5" driver at its bottom point?

It just seems kind of gimmicky to me.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem