I could make a sarcastic comment about a 'good' Rotel amp having problems driving M80's, but I'll resist. I know that Wid lives near enough to me that he can probably find me. And I know he's a gun collector. \:o ;\)

After helping satkatr with his 3808's network problem, I feel obligated to point out that you should make sure to check all the simple stuff. ;\)

Originally Posted By: peenerhead
Last week I bought the Rotel RMB-1575. I am using a Denon 4308 as my preamp. Everything was just terrific until I installed and setup Audyssey on the Denon yesterday.

Double check all of the cables and wiring that were affected by this swap. If you put a new amp in your system, you would have disconnected at least some of the speaker wires and re-attached them to the amp. Check all of these. Make sure one of them doesn't have a wire strand that's slipped out and is touching the chassis or something, for example.

Double check whatever RCA/XLR cables you're using between your Denon and the Rotel. Try swapping them to see if you can make the 'bad' channel move. Make darn sure that there isn't something wrong with one of your wires before you go ripping into your M80's.

But yes, from the troubleshooting you've already done, it sure does sound like you've somehow got a bad M80. Definitely get Axiom involved with this. From past experiences described around here and since you seem comfortable taking your M80's apart, it's likely that Axiom will just send you whatever replacement parts they feel appropriate. Easier & cheaper for them to send you a new woofer or crossover rather than you having to send all of the innards back to them.

I'd just call them and describe the problem. They'll help.

Edit: Lucky post # 777 for me. Woot.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 03/03/09 02:38 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office