Originally Posted By: mdrew
I want to buy a new camera body (Olympus E30). With the current exchange rate, I can save a few hundred bucks if I buy from Canada, and have them ship to me in the States. I have not bought from this place and have no idea if they are a stand up dealer or not. I sort of stumbled across them at a DP forum when someone recommended them.

I figured one of you “north of the border” photo buffs might know a thing or two about this place.

Nice camera! \:\)

I don't know how Olympus works, but do be careful of the warranty. I'm nearly 100% positive that if you did such a deal for a Canon or Nikon camera, CanonUSA/NikonUSA would not honor the warranty on it. You would need to send it back to the Canadian Canon/Nikon repair center for service. Not that it's a huge deal, but it is something to be aware of.

Do you have any Circuit City's nearby? Might want to check them out. I was at one about 3 weeks ago that had a couple of E-520 kits left for $359. Almost bought one. You never know, you might find one that has an E-30 for half of MSRP. ;\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office