I've been married almost a year and a half and am a father of a 10 month old daughter. My god how ones life changes. So much so that I wasn't expecting the incredible transition.

I went from buying $1000+ paintball guns on a nearly bi-monthly basis, as well as an easy $600 on paintball every month. It was my addiction, obsession, and life 5 months of the year. Martial arts is also part of it, but not nearly as expensive. Since having these new responsibilites of fatherhood and a mortgage, my spending has been DRAMATICALLY reduced.

Essentially now, all my savings bonds are my HT project money. However when it comes time to cash them out and splurge a little bit, the wife seems a bit hesitant to support my purchases even though they are my savings.

I guess I wanted to hear from others here that have more life experiance (in a sense) with being dads, and how you guys handle the HT bug of purchasing things.

I use the logic that although the initial investment may be expensive, in the long run it pays itself off. I use to goto movies a lot, but now to save money(and an overall better experiance) we watch them at home.

With the economy the way it is, this seems a better solution to going out, when we can have friends come over for a potluck dinner and movie night.

Sanyo Z5 HD Projector w/100" screen
Yamaha RXV-663,BD30,HD-A30
Toshiba 55SV670U
M60s
VP150
QS8s