Originally Posted By: HomeDad
 Quote:
Just bought the 70th anniversary edition of Disney's Pinocchio for the outrageous price of $27.47 shipped. Haven't watched in yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Jack, I would love to here what you think of Pinocchio, I bought the remastered version of Sleeping Beauty and thought they did a fabulous job. I pre-ordered Bolt since I read it was a pretty good family flick.

Will be happy to let you know when I watch it.

Originally Posted By: JonHan
Watched Pinocchio last night with my granddaughter and I thought the PQ was fantastic. The picture was very sharp and the colors really popped off the screen.I think the DTS-HD audio was as good as your going to get it, based on the original track. It even kept the attention of an active 6 month old and that is not easy to do.

That's about what I'm expecting - stellar vid; best possible 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (48 kHz/24-bit) surround from an old mono soundtrack.

Delighted to hear it hypnotized your 6 month old.

Recently, The Wizard of Oz was shown on TV. My nephew reported that his 2 year old walked into the room and froze, standing up, and didn't move a muscle for the entire movie, except to dance around to "We're Off To See The Wizard." It's comforting to know that some sort of continuum exists between many generations; that things that delighted us as children can still delight children today.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton