Rick,

The 980 can not be bought on-line. It is in URC’s “professional” line and they do not allow internet sales. You can find them on-line, but time after time, folks buy them on-line to only find out that they can not get the software.

What I like about it, other than no-shit unlimited programmability, you can custom tailor the screen, button style, color, size, font size, display brightness, and on, and on, and on….. It has a very steep learning curve, but if I can figure it out, anyone can. URC basically took their MX 3000 and put it I a hand held remote. It is not cheap though. If you have your heart set on a BIG remote, the MX3000 may be worth a look. I don’t like them because they take two hands to use, but seeing how you are getting up there in years and loosing your eyesight, you’ll probably get the shakes pretty soon and need two hands anyway…..

After having three URC programmable remotes that don’t use one of those silly ‘wizards’, I’ll never buy another that can’t be programmed with the computer how I want it, and not what someone thinks I want.

I buy all my remotes from Surf Remote. Give Mike a call and he'll hook you up (just not the 980). He sells many different brands and always has pretty good prices, plus excellent support.

Last edited by mdrew; 03/20/09 01:52 AM.