Thanks for the offer Randy. This stuff is expensive here. $15 a sheet for plain and $18 a sheet for foil backed. (both 2" X 2' X 4')

I haven’t done a whole lot of studying other than read through some of the links provided. I’m beginning to think I’m opening a can of worms with this room analysis stuff…..

Regardless of whatever the room looks like on a graph, there doesn’t appear to be a whole lot that a person does differently. From what I have read, you still treat the room with the same things. Different insulation density for to tame different frequency spikes is about all the options available. And, it looks to me as if each room still gets the same generic treatments. Corner bass traps, ceiling mounted bass traps and traps on the forward walls at the first reflection points.

Considering all that, I think I’m just going to start with corner traps and hang a trap from the ceiling. Depending on how things sound after I build / install those, I may try adding some more treatments to the walls where it is practical to do so.

I figured I’d make the traps out of fiberglass rigid insulation, 4” think. I’ll use foil backed panels on the back side of the traps with the foil toward the walls / ceiling and un-faced panels on the room side. For the corner panels, I can’t really make them permanent like Randy’s. I’m thinking about making them 24” across the front and build them so they will be free standing with some means of attachment to the walls at the the top (chain or Velcro) to keep them from falling over. I’ll hang the ceiling trap from chains.

I’m going to buy the insulation next week and hopefully, time permitting, make and install them. The ‘store’ that sells this stuff is 300 miles away. That’s also where I’ll have to find some sort of fabric to cover them with.

Anyone see a problem with this approach? Should I just get enough of this stuff for side wall traps too? What is a good, reasonably priced fabric? Velvet is pretty expensive…..