Originally Posted By: sirquack

Yeah Dean, that is one thing I noticed between the Geed/Lee approach and others is he used mains that have big drivers full range, and then tweaks the crossovers/levels/etc. on the subs to fill in the gaps. So, one sub, the main one up front covers the main loww freq's, another one might cover the mid-low range, etc

Thanks again Randy, I’ll have to read up on the relative merits of the various approaches. I’m trying to stay focused on projectors, screens and room acoustics and not fly off on some tangent as I’m so prone to doing.

Quote:

For me, I've decided this method is to time consuming. I do have my subs spaced out around the room, kinda randomly like he suggests.

For me it’s consuming just the right time…yours. ;\) Seriously, thanks for taking the time to share all this. It’s one less thing I have to go out and start researching from the beginning myself.

Quote:

I have found that if I turn my 80's on large, my graph gets HUGE Peaks and Dips, and the frequency is not near as flat. So, I have all speakers to small and the crossover on 80hz

The room I had was a square so I imagine any other sources would help smooth things out. Now watch in my new room (rectangular) I will get the same results as you have.

Quote:

Some day when I get a different receiver, I may bump the 80's to say 60hz, but still leave them at small.

I intend to do a lot of experimenting in my new room especially if I get a good amp.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1